7200/90 hardware available

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by osprey76, Sep 5, 2009.

1. osprey76 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I am looking to get rid of some old Mac hardware. I have a Power Mac 7200/90 with 2 HDs and a number of SCSI peripherals including a scanner and a couple of Zip drives and a pair of ADB keyboards and mice. I don't have room to keep this around and would rather give it to someone that would enjoy it rather than trash it. The 7200 is fully functional. I did buy a Sonnet G3 PCI upgrade, too. I have found it to be quite unreliable. You can disable the two drivers for it, remove the PCI card and then boot using the internal processor.

If there is any interest, I can post more details and run a test on the hardware. I have a lot of software from this time period, as well.

Thanks. Please reply by September 12 if interested. I'd only look for some sharing of the shipping.

2. Archon Gold macrumors 6502

If you could mail me the Sonnet upgrade card I could make some use for it.

3. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Interest, Interest here!
    Piccies and Viddies. Please. :apple:

4. osprey76 thread starter macrumors 6502

Glad there is some interest. I hate the idea of throwing out working hardware, but really don't have a spot for it anymore. I'll get some more information up today or tomorrow.

5. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

could i have the zip drive i have over 100 disks with stuff on it and my zip drive wont read as it was in a flood

6. osprey76 thread starter macrumors 6502

The Zip drives are both SCSI, not USB, though there are SCSI-to-USB adapters out there. I have one that I found did not work with the Zip drives.

Some things came up I didn't expect this weekend. I'll get some more info posted tonight. I did take some video of booting in MacOS 9.1 on the internal processor yesterday.

7. osprey76 thread starter macrumors 6502

Update

Sorry for the very long delay. I was pretty busy and/or gone last quarter, but things are a bit calmer now. Anyone still interested in the 7200?

8. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

just saw this thread

i have a 7200 sonnet upgrade G3 400 if anyone is interested. there probably will be 0 interest on the local craigslist

9. osprey76 thread starter macrumors 6502

Last call

If I no one is interested in the hardware. I'll look into recycling it. February 10, is the deadline for replies.

10. Strimkind macrumors member

I'm interested in the G3 card if you still have it.

11. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

I may be interested in some of the software from the time - depending on what it is (I like collecting old junk - even if the postage to the UK would be high, Id be willing to pay for certain items)

12. osprey76 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I do still have the computer and the G3 card. I have an interested party that would want the G3 card, too. If that doesn't work out, I'll let you know, Strimkind.

What kind of software are you thinking of, chrismacguy? I'll get a list put together and add it to the thread.

13. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Anything that I dont already have and isnt incredibly easy for me to obtain locally. Machine specific stuff is also good to have. Also post a list of any Period Application stuff you want to go and Ill see if I want it (I collect all kinds of stuff tho, from Mathematica 3 to Pro Tools 2 to AVID to Adobe and also ofc all Apple Applications and System Discs - so post everything :D)