720p Camera Under $200 for MacBook - Which one?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Dybbuk, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Hi all. I'm looking for a 720p camera under $200 to go with my aluminum MacBook. The obvious options are the Vado HD, Flip Mino and Kodak zi6. I was all set for the Vado until I learned that it doesn't really play nice with iMovie, so that's out. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm asking here in case there's some camera that I haven't heard about that you may be able to suggest.

The majority of my movies are instructional videos for Beyblade, so they're close-up and have movement. You can see what I mean by looking at this video I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dkH4NMzdL4

Thanks!

2. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I have two and like both of them;

I have the Flip Mino HD ( which was actually about $229)

and the Aiptek 1080HD+

Very pocketable either one, the Aiptek is a bit bulkier but you also get a flash and still shots. With the Flip you have to make videos into still photos.

3. Dybbuk thread starter macrumors 6502a

For my purpose, which do you think will do better?

4. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Well from a non-scientific standpoint, I'd say the Aiptek handles motion a little better and since the unit is a bit larger. Either one could be put on a tripod, I have not put the Mino on a Tripod yet.

I think for those purposes I would choose the aiptek. For a carry around camera the Mino.

5. Dybbuk thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. markb06 macrumors newbie

Hi

There are some good cheap ones on Ebay i would recommend the Toshiba HD one, great quality and even has a light on now! for around $180

Mark

7. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

Wait a few weeks for Sony's Webbie HD... the PM1 model.

That's what I'm doin :cool: