720p uploader for iPhone 4 - no computer or service signup needed. Beats PixelPipeHD

Vic-Viper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Update:

720Tube FTW. No extra service signup required

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/720tube/id384615002?mt=8

Update 2:
Defiantly Works! The app says it can take up to 15 minutes for YouTube to process the video, but it only took 2 or so. Here is a clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryan7bnNc8k&hd=1

Update 3:
Video link in Update 2 looks amazing on my iPad. Very Happy :D

Original Post
Anyone know of a good app for uploading 720p video directly from the iPhone to YouTube? The iphone only sends it in standard def.
I dont like Pixel Pipe since it wants you to signup for their service.

skball123

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2007
---snip--

Ok. I tested it. I didnt get the quality that I would get when using a computer, but it is "720"... kinda

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Ok I tried it and the first thing I will say is once you select the video to upload it says "compressing video :confused:

I took a 44 second video it said it was 21mb and took six minutes to upload. Waiting for it to be processed which the app states will take up to 15 minutes.

Can someone take a video outside in the light and post using the app and post your results?

Vic-Viper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Ok I tried it and the first thing I will say is once you select the video to upload it says "compressing video :confused:

I took a 44 second video it said it was 21mb and took six minutes to upload. Waiting for it to be processed which the app states will take unto 15 minutes.
I notice all uploader apps do that. If I recall, apple packages the file to be delivered so its not really compressing. YouTube usually takes up to 15 minutes to process a new video so thats nothing new.

I just tried uploading with another app and it says "Compressing" as well. Checked my video from 720Tube on a PC and it is 720p for sure. Didn't take 15 minutes though, more like 2. Good app for free though.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I notice all uploader apps do that. If I recall, apple packages the file to be delivered so its not really compressing. YouTube usually takes up to 15 minutes to process a new video so thats nothing new.

I just tried uploading with another app and it says "Compressing" as well. Checked my video from 720Tube on a PC and it is 720p for sure. Didn't take 15 minutes though, more like 2. Good app for free though.
Yeah it processed within two minutes for me although I just filmed in my dark room so I can't tell if it came out in 720.

Amazing app though this is what we wanted!!!

Vic-Viper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
It takes a while for the iphone compatible version of any youtube video to be created. It has to convert it from the flash version.
Works NOW. Helps if I make it PUBLIC. Had it set to Private :p Looks incredible on my iPad :D

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
It sits right next to my Mario and Mega Man collection ;)
Lol I still have the snes with some cartridges but there not in the best condition :(

F zero, donkey kong, supr mario but I never got my zelda back off a friend. Oh well emulation suits my gaming needs!! :)

You nostalgia you lose :D

Vic-Viper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
I use Pixelpipe HD all the time. It's all you need. Pretty much a must-have app.
My problem with PixelPipe HD is that you have to sign up for their service, once signed up, you upload the video to them and not YouTube, then they upload it to your account.

I don't like having to use a middle man with my account info and my video content. I'd rather do it directly

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I use Pixelpipe HD all the time. It's all you need. Pretty much a must-have app.
Pixelpipe limits uploads to something like 226 MB. So if you've got a 3 Min+ video, you're out of luck. Not to mention the UI is a horrid webapp nightmare...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.