Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Everyone knows that a major limitation of word processing apps like Quickoffice and DocsToGo is the inability to import email attachments to the app on the device itself. There's now a workaround, at least until Apple comes out with "Documents" central file storage on the iPhone if they ever do such a thing.

1. Forward email with attachment to Readdledocs and it'll save to the device in the Readdledocs app (Version 1.5)
2. In Readdledocs, upload to iDisk (MobileMe)
3. In Quickoffice, download from iDisk and you can now do some editing and email back to the recipient

Quickoffice will come out with a free update that allows you to access iPhone email attachments and forward to Quickoffice for editing, making Readdledocs and MobileMe completely redundant.

Now you can leave your macbook at home if your colleague asks you do some quick editing while away on a trip, etc.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Of course you'll have to sign up for MobileMe for 99 dollars per year....

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Just buy a new Mac then it is only $69 for MobileMe, then go buy the new iPhone and get Documents to Go.

Mobile Office Complete:rolleyes:

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Just buy a new Mac then it is only $69 for MobileMe, then go buy the new iPhone and get Documents to Go.

Mobile Office Complete:rolleyes:

MM can be had for significantly cheaper than $99 if purchased elsewhere, so no need to buy a new Mac. Documents To Go is v. 1.0 right now and doesn't have iDisk support, but I imagine it'll be added in the future. Dataviz said they have a lot more to add.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
It's a nice thought, but personally I find anything other than very basic text to be an exercise in frustration on the iphone.

I type 90 WPM on a real keyboard so tapping stuff out two fingers at a time just doesn't cut it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.