Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alm99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
My iPhone was working perfectly fine yesterday before I updated the weather.com application over wifi, ever since then none of 4 pages of my 3rd party apps will open on the iphone. The standard apple apps i.e. weather, email, calculator, etc. all open fine.

I have done a reset, a hard reset and a full restore from a backup and still it is not working properly. Any ideas on what to do from here besides visit the genius bar? If I do need to go to the genius bar and they swap it out, is it a new phone or refurbed given its barely a month old.

EDIT: Full restore without using the latest backup fixed the issue. Lost all my settings and application info, but the phone works and now needs to be setup again.

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
I remember reading here someone else with the same issue. That person then proceeded to download a new app (get a free one) from the App Store and all was well again. Worth a try.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
This happens to me occasionally. The way to fix it is to remove one app which has the problem from your iPhone (hold down the app icon until it wobbles and press the x). Then re-download the app using the iPhone AppStore.

All should be fine again, until the next time!

alm99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
This happens to me occasionally. The way to fix it is to remove one app which has the problem from your iPhone (hold down the app icon until it wobbles and press the x). Then re-download the app using the iPhone AppStore.

All should be fine again, until the next time!

Thanks, I tried that. It didn't work. Also tried the free app solution that dZp suggested, no luck.

I just went through a restored and didn't use my backup. The phone is empty and is working now with the applications. I am now syncing all my music, apps, etc. I will update once that is done on if it works or not.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
Thanks, I tried that. It didn't work. Also tried the free app solution that dZp suggested, no luck.

I just went through a restored and didn't use my backup. The phone is empty and is working now with the applications. I am now syncing all my music, apps, etc. I will update once that is done on if it works or not.

Pretty lame you had to go to all that trouble!

Someone told me that they heard from Apple Support that if you have over five pages of apps, some funky stuff can happen under 3.0.

Hopefully if true, this gets sorted in the not-so-imminent update.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Wow, I've been lucky I guess because this is the first I've heard of this problem, Of course I don't d/l a lot of apps

alm99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Full restore without using the latest backup fixed the issue. Lost all my settings and application info, but the phone works and now needs to be setup again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.