7800GTX 256MB G5 ROM

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Inali, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Inali macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, title pretty much speaks for its self. [​IMG]

I'm looking for the 256MB version Mac ROM that will work with my G5. I understand DPart made one at some point, but he didnt reply to his email...

I am not looking for a 7800GT ROM, as I already own a 7800GT 256MB card in my G5. I'd like whatever ROM gets me full 3d acceleration for games with 7800GTX performance not Quadro, with full support for all 24 pixel shaders, not the 20 in the 7800GT.

If this is possible, I'd be grateful!

In return, here is the hard to find 512MB ROM:

https://mega.nz/#!010kRaiB!qJsPoVZLOaoqb-NO5S-vqcwBYfPgRiJChpuDI7rSFEQ

I tried to edit the ROM to just use 256 not 512, but I'm no good at hex editing.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Xaranar macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for this, and your private message. The ROM you have posted here is the same as the one that was posted by pm7300 in rabidz7's thread. It was posted in response to rabidz7's somewhat less than stellar reputation on this forum for some reason, and others reporting that his ROM doesn't work. I've actually tested the ROM he posted originally, and it works great for me, better than pm7300's in fact; it yields a higher benchmark score. I don't know why some people have had problems with it, perhaps because they were using third party 7800 GTXs, and mine is an Nvidia reference one.

OT: I've never seen one for the 256MB version of the card, I didn't think it was possible due to the board not being similar enough to an existing official Mac GPU.