7D for rental...?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by acearchie, Jul 5, 2010.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I know that this is a long shot however, I am aiming to film a cycling documentary of two of my friends cycling from John O' Groats to Lands End, a distance of 1,000 miles all for a UK based charity.

I currently have a Panasonic HDC Tm300 and two small action cams which will be attached to the bikes.

I have always thought that a 7D (or similar variant) would really give me some nice shots for the trip.

I have looked at rental sites however, the prices they charge are really out of my league being a student.

I was wondering if there is anyone in the UK that has a 7D/5Dii/500D/550D that would lend it to me for the 10 days that I'll need it or for a shorter period of time.

Free would be ideal however, I would be happy to pay something towards whoever lends me the camera. Of course there would be the option of being able to trade something I have for the time that I need the camera. I would probably be able to swing lending my Dad's Nikon D40x in exchange plus some other things.

Again, I know that it's a long shot but I thought it would be worth a try looking to the community to see if anyone would do me a favour! Feel free to PM or reply below!

Thanks.

For any of those interested you can follow the progress of the boys at http://www.TwoBoysTwoBikes.tk

2. flosseR macrumors 6502a

flosseR

Hmm, i see what you are saying and i understand you but you have 2 action cams and a video camera and you want another one? If it's for stills, why not use your dads D40x? No offense but asking someone to lend you a 1200 pound camera with a lens etc. in exchange for some stuff is ... interesting :D I mean I don't have a 7d and I am not sure I would lend it to someone that I don't know and where I will have no insurance etc. about what will happen to that thing.
    The rental sites charge also insurance so you can drop it and you are covered. From a private person that will not work.

I am not trying to be negative, just pointing out some issues. As a matter of fact I like the idea of the biking trip very much.

Good luck.

//f

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

I know exactly where you are coming from and I was apprehensive about posting this. I realise that it is an expensive camera etc. and would be willing to offer some sort of collateral.

I don't want it for stills I want to for video. I have filmed a trailer completely on a 500d of my friends unfortunately he lives in China and therefore is unable to lend it to me.

The effects I got from the shallow depth of field great low light capabilities really seemed like something that would add to the production I aim to produce.

A 10 day hire is £201 (at least that is the cheapest I can find) and this is way out of my budget which is pretty near the £0 at the moment!