7s - smaller bezels?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dfgddikf, Jun 6, 2017.

1. dfgddikf macrumors regular

I don't see myself spending the rumored >1K on an iPhone 8. Do you think the rumored 7s will have a higer screen/bezel ratio or will it be the same as on 6, 6s, 7?

I think they can't release yet another model with these 2014 bezels but then it's Apple.

2. Arcontia macrumors regular

Well, why not? In terms of design/form factor, the 2017 iPad is yet another iPad Air 1 clone, the first of which of its form/design started in 2013, 4 years ago.

3. CatherineVeraGat Suspended

I would want smaller bezels on almost all of my devices.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Betting the 7 and 7S will be just like we have now.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

My thoughts are the 4.7/5.5 inch 'iPhone 7s' will have a similar form factor/bezels as it currently has. The 5.8 'iPhone 8' will be redesigned entirely with more of an edge to edge display.

6. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

Knowing that the 7S dimension will remain the same, the screen will also remain at 4.7. Rumors said screen size on 7S will be at 4.7 n 5.5. If the bezels are made thinner automatically the screen would hv to be larger as well thus it can't be at 4.7.

7. NBAasDOGG macrumors regular

NBAasDOGG

I don't think we will see a iPhone 7S/7S Plus this year. Thus far we have only seen iPhone 8 rumors, which makes me think that Apple will discontinue the 6S and drop the prize of 7.

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

This year's 7s and 7s+ will pretty much look like the 7 and the 7+.

Take it or leave it.

9. Arcontia macrumors regular

I notice that no one seems to really care the the 2017 iPad still looks more or less the same as the original iPad Air, now 4 years old. Same thing for the iPad Pro 9.7

But the prospect of iPhone 7s looking the same as iPhone 6, people suddenly lose it. I think its a sleek and now iconic design, i don't mind at all.

10. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

I still like the current 7 design especially the matt black, the 6 n 6S had that annoying antenna lines. Therefore the 7 got rid and conceal the lines to give it a cleaner n more elegant look. The 8 will most definitely gets a totally redesign and oled screen, the 7S is going to stay the same but increased performance.

11. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Maybe a bit thinner, like the new iPad pro?

12. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

I'll take a 1080p screen over smaller bezels. But I doubt it's getting either one though.

13. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

iPhone 8 should be getting small bezels and 1440p though ;)

14. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

And avoid the cost savings of a recycled design along with making the 8 look less compelling at the same time? No way.

The 7s will be like a 4.7" iPhone SE, in that the A11 chip will be three generations newer than its first design (A8), comparing the A6 from the 5 and the A9 from the SE.