7TB Raid now or wait for August?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by atomwork, Jul 17, 2007.

  1. atomwork macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2001
    Location:
    Miami Beach
    #1
    I am not sure what to do. For the company we need a 7TB RAID.
    What bugs me is that:

    •*no SATA drives
    • no raid 6, especially when having 14 drives to use.

    The buying guide here advises to wait for August. Any thoughts or news in regards to a possible upgrade?

    TIA
    Dave
     
  2. foidulus macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2007
    #2
    Well, what exactly would you expect them to improve? Other than maybe a bit more space or a drop in price there really isn't much going on in the world of RAIDs. We have a few 7 TB ones here that work pretty well, and we are getting a couple of 10 TB one soon. Just buy it, if you are at a company that desperately needs to save a few hundred dollars, maybe you should consider switching jobs...
     
  3. atomwork thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2001
    Location:
    Miami Beach
    #3
    thanks mate, money is not a factor here. We lease Apple stuff. I was really asking about improvements with RAID 6 and SATA drives. Currently Apple is only offering ULTRA, right? I really don't want to buy into a RAID that might be updated very soon.

    TIA
    Dave
     

Share This Page