8.0.1/8.0.2 Photos no longer sorted!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iWooz, Sep 26, 2014.

1. iWooz macrumors member

Since the update the sorting of my photos has become weird...[​IMG]

2. mantan macrumors 68000

And even more concerning, it made your photos really blurry!

3. Phoboss macrumors member

I have that as well. But I'm running 8.0

Attached Files:

4. dadudeness macrumors regular

dadudeness

I've been experiencing this in 8.0 as well. Quite disappointing it wasn't fixed in 8.0.2

5. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

well, people don't need their photos to be sorted :p

6. iWooz thread starter macrumors member

I didn't realize it in 8.0, but I guess it was there already.
    So annoying! I have about 1500 photos and I have no idea how to search for a specific one if they are not sorted by time.
    Please fix that, Apple!

7. uhaas macrumors 6502

uhaas

iCloud photo library?

I'm not having this issue. I didn't upgrade to iCloud photo library. Is that the culprit?

8. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

No problem here, running 8.0.2.

The only photo issue I had was that one of my photos wouldn't show after a restore (forced by a glitch in 8.0.) Fortunately it was backed up, but it's now sorted under the date it was re-added rather than the date it was taken on.

9. iWooz thread starter macrumors member

I don't have iCloud photo library either, so it must be something else causing this.

10. jhuynh macrumors member

What's the big deal? It's sorted by date and location.

11. shawndc1 macrumors regular

its very frustrating to scroll to a certain date, its saved as date taken, meaning ill have to screen shot certain pics just to go around scrolling to the very top. maybe you dont use your photos as much as others, may not be a problem for you. alos i dont need apple saving deleted pics in an album, its deleted for a reason now i have to delete the same thing twice

12. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Try turning off Photo Stream in settings and then turning it back on...?

Worked for some.

13. jhuynh macrumors member

I still don't understand what your problem is? If you don't want to scroll as much, click on "collections" which condenses your photos even more by date? I have no problem finding my photos this way.

14. shawndc1 macrumors regular

i guess for me, ive had an iphone since 08, i am use to the photo album as it was, it was perfect no need to mess with it, as you can see ios 8 is buggy as hell, the photo album is the last thing they needed to worry about, recently added photos, deleted photos are useless albums

15. jhuynh macrumors member

I've had almost every iPhone since they released the first one. I understand it's a change to the way Photos used to work but I don't get what the big deal is if all your photos are still there.

16. shawndc1 macrumors regular

some pic apps wouldnt allow you to access your photo album only recently added, for example you would literally have to go to your album first find the pic screen shot it then go back to the app just to upload the pic on the app and do whatever it was you were doing, that was a huge prob for me since i do pic edits and things of that nature

17. iWooz thread starter macrumors member

That's true, but that's a different matter here. My problem is the damn sorting order. It just makes no sense. See the screenshot from the OP:
    3 August, Location A
    16-17 August, Location C
    8-9 August, Location B
    17 August, Location C

It's neither sorted by time, nor by location!

That hurts my OCD so bad...

18. jhuynh macrumors member

I didn't look at the dates in the first photo. That's strange because all of mine are arranged properly. I'm not sure why all your photos are out of order like that.

19. iWooz thread starter macrumors member

Well that's weird - the problem fixes itself! I have changed nothing I know of and suddenly the Moments are sorted correctly...

20. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Yea, I wanted to see the latest photos when clicking on photo and not the first. So I clicked on Collections, then years, then clicked the latest batch. That takes you down to the latest photos.

Then it stays that way the next time I click on All Photos from the Camera app.
    Weird but at least that works in the short term.