8.0.2 - can't take screenshots

nickdylan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Since I updated I can't take screenshots on my iPhone 6. Anyone else having this problem? It worked fine on 8.0.0 but now it just turns the screen off.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I've noticed screenshotting on the 6 and 6 Plus are a bit trickier than before. You have to hit the power button first, then the home button. It's gotten me many times where it locked my phone without getting the screenshot.

shirleyrocks

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
I've noticed the same thing, it's much more difficult to take a screenshot with 8.0.2. I think stephen1108 summed it up well, if you hit the power button just a split second earlier than the home button, you can technically get it to work....but it's a B* trying to time it correctly.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
You don't have to hit both buttons at exactly the same time and release both together..

You can press and hold the home button then press and hold the lock button, or vice versa..

I go: press-hold home button, then straight after the "click" press-release the lock button, then after the screen flash, release the home button.

Alternatively, press-hold the lock button, then straight after the "click" press-release the home button, then after the screen flash, release the lock button..

It's not a mad-dash-panic to press them both at exactly the same time, briefly, releasing at exactly the same time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.