8.0.2 killed charging ability

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by havmir53, Sep 26, 2014.

1. havmir53 macrumors member

I upgraded to 8.0.2, now I can't charge my phone!

2. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

With iOS 8.0.2, devices are charging themselves if you bend them enough.

Seriously: you probably just need to restart your iPhone. One other possibility, but extremely rare, is that you are using a non-Apple charger which doesn't work anymore under iOS 8.0.2.

3. bushido Suspended

bushido

what are you talking about, you are supposed to put it in a microwave to charge

4. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

I heard this doesn't made it into iOS 8.0.2 ?!

5. havmir53 thread starter macrumors member

Bingo! That was it ... I guess I have to get a car charger from Apple ... grrrrr.

----------

Solamente un come "lo que pica un pollo" pone su iPhone en el microhonda!

6. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Must depend on the charger as I just charged mine with a third party non-authorized charger. I did get the notification that it was not a supported cable, but it still charged fine (all the way from 20% to 100% with no issue like it has in the past). I do have an iPhone 5 though, so it could be related to the device type as well??

7. havmir53 thread starter macrumors member

Yep ... the charger works on our 5c running 7.X.X... worked on our 5s running 8.0 ... worked on our 6 running 8.0 ... but now that the 6.0 is running 8.0.2 its not charging anymore. I'm not updating the 5c as it would not benefit from Yosemite's continuity/handoff.

Back to the car charger ... its non-Apple and its as if the charger is dead, but its not because it charges the 5c ok. To make things even goofier ... I have a 8600 ma charger that I use on aircraft/trains/boats or in airports ... and it charges the 6 ok ... but only after I connect and disconnect it once???? - go figure that one out. The 8600 ma charger worked perfectly on iOS 8.0 .. no need to disconnect/connect again to make it work. I'll keep 8.0.2 on the 6 ...

Mystery solved to my satisfaction ... close this thread, please.:apple:

8. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

use apple approved accessories, just do it..i dont care how much i need to get 3% charge to make a special call or whatever, no non authorized cables or chargers ever touch my iphone

9. havmir53 thread starter macrumors member

Doh! I hate to admit it ... but ... you are right!

10. Saffy66 macrumors newbie

Saffy66

I was warned non-Apple stuff probably wouldn't work when I updated. I tried to buy Apple stuff but no stores within a 100 km radius stock any. I'm sure many other people experience the same issue. I had to buy non-Apple headphones and a car charger kit. It was guy who sold me the headphones who told me. So far the headphones work fine; I haven't yet tested the car charger but I might tonight when I leave work. If it doesn't, fortunately I still have a spare Apple cable, I just have to hope it works with the bit that plugs into the 'lighter socket'... I'm using a 4S.

11. havmir53 thread starter macrumors member

You can order stuff from the Apple Store via the web and it'll show up at your door. Or you can see what Apple is selling and order it from Amazon if it's cheaper on Amazon. No need to walk into b/m store. I live in the boonies and order everything.

12. fiveainone macrumors 6502a