iPad 8.0.2 on IPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Crosscreek, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

Anybody try 8.0.2 on IPad2? Some twitter users report good performance. Whats your experiences?

2. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Running 8.0.2 on my iPad Air with no problems.

Whoops just noticed you were asking about iPad 2. Sorry.

3. Buddygor macrumors regular

It bumped the speed and responsiveness a bit. Same on my 4S.

Still not iOS 7, but the new features are worth it.

4. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

1st gen ipad mini

Hows the 1st gen iPad mini? I tried 8 and things were slow. Does this small update fix performance issues??:apple:

5. kramerdude macrumors member

Wish I hadn't

My iPad 2 is like a whole new experience since moving to ios8. A bad experience that is. Lots of crashes, app freeze ups, lots of touches not registering, and for some reason, the App Store is suffering from slow updates and purchases. Also, app switching freezes - double tap home button, then wait...... Even the accelerometer lags sometimes five seconds when flipping orientation. Battery life has dropped massively. When I check the battery drain stats, the main culprit is..... The lock screen? That's not good. I was wanting to go back to iOS 7, but missed my chance. Hoping 8.0.3 brings some magical tweaks, because as of right now, it's awful.

6. Dastrass macrumors newbie

When typing you still can't see what your typing because the thread does not rise up from the bottom of the page, it is still obscurred by the keyboard. Very poor in my opinion. Apple need to get this sorted out,not a major problem, but annoying all the same.

7. Ti Rider macrumors member

That stinks but sounds very similar to my experience with my iPad 2 and iOS 8. The strangest thing is all the different experiences iPad 2 owners are reporting with iOS 8. Some people are claiming it's faster than 7, some are saying it's about the same speed with the new features, some (like you and me) are saying it's much, much slower and unstable.

I roll backed to 7.1.2 after two days. Very glad I did now. If I hadn't it's very likely that my iPad would have ended up in my closet of outdated electronic toys with my Zune 120 (yes, I had a Zune) and Palm PDAs.

8. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

Had many of the same issues after updating iPad2 to 8.02. Safari was extremely slow, kept freeezing, and finally got a black screen. After a few attempts at a reset, got it back up. Safari hasn't frozen yet, but everthing is slow, takes forever for a web page to refresh or just load the first time.

9. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

There are 2 models of the iPad 2, the iPad 2,4 I think they call it and the original. I am on the 2,4 right now. I didn't install ios 8 yet though. The 2,4 supposedly has upgraded internals, though I forget exactly what the upgrade is. Wonder if this is the difference?

10. Soultosoul macrumors member

Installed 8.0.2 and it helped.....a bit. Still quite laggy and very slow, but I thnk, overall, it has made it smoother. Either that or I'm getting used to it.