8.0.2 wrecked Mail app on iPad3

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Europe calling, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

Since the 8.0.2 update mail does not update correctly. Some mail i get on my iPhone (4, running iOS7) and my MBP does not show up in the mail app on my iPad running iOS 8.0.2. It randomly seems not to sync.
    Also the text in the left colmn below the mailaccount keeps saying 'last updated on thursday' while it is already monday today?

Anyone else experiencing this? (and know of a possible solution?)

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

If you have more than one email account, at least one is not updating. Go through each account in the Mail app to find the culprit.

3. Europe calling thread starter macrumors regular

Europe calling

I have multiple accounts indeed. I've found the one that is not updating. I've sent an email to that account, and while it arrived perfectly on my iPhone and MBP, on my iPad this account just refuses to update since 8.0.2.
    I have changed no account information, mailserver settings or whatsoever, it is exactly the same as on my iPhone.
    I have rebooted my iPad, it just refuses to update.

Any other suggestions?

4. JFC macrumors member

I have the same problem. After 8.0.2, gmail on the mail app on my iPad Air will send mail but will not receive mail. iPhone works fine.

I have deleted the account and added it back several times, but each time it only loads back the mail that was there before I deleted the account.

I'm guessing the one way to resolve this is to restore, but I would prefer not to do that.

Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions.

Thanks.

5. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

I am having mail issues on both my iPad Air and iPhone 5S.

Mail syncs fine for a few days but then for some reason stops, I then need to open the mail app and all my emails start coming through again.

This is with a Google Apps email setup as an exchange account.

6. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

My mom has a 5s and been complaining that it shows she has emails. Deleted one or two of them and then they are all gone. Even the unread ones. I'm not sure if she's on 8.02 yet but hopefully I'll get a look at it today.