iPhone 8.1.2 Jailbreak tool for Mac released

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by haxrnick, Jan 18, 2015.

1. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

About time if legit.

However I've used Taig on a windows machine now and see no need to use anything else.

3. Mrmikey7 macrumors member

I just did my phone and seems to be fine for now. Iphone 6

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

A very important question.

I would personally seek out any support blogs from one the well known jail breaking team members, or from places like idownloadblog etc.

5. bobright macrumors 601

I'll wait for confirmation.

6. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

Hope it's legit. My phone crashes about 6-12 times a day.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I would have thought that would be a rogue tweak or incompatibility issue between tweaks you are using, and not the way you jail broke.

Try deleting your most recent tweaks until it stops.

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

^^^This. Or remove them all and see if it's a hardware issue...mine was. No more crashing once my iphone 6 was swapped out, running the same JB & tweaks. (stupid iOS 8 bugs, of course, are still present and annoying as hell)

Given that it's not directly from Pangu or TaiG, I'd absolutely wait for confirmation on whether or not it's safe to use from a security standpoint. While it's most likely the TaiG JB recoded for Macs, I'm not willing to just assume nothing has been changed in terms of what data it phones home with.

9. lexdiamonnyc macrumors member

worked for me, iPhone 6 running strong so far.....only had one tweak cause an issue...

10. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I've determine that CORE and Auxo didn't play together. But mostly it was CORE in homescreen that caused crashes. Since Auxo update and taking off CORE crashes all gone.

----------

I have an App that monitors all outgoing connections from my iPhone. Very handy. Like, why would a Battery App need to connect to China? Hmmmm...

11. IrishVixen, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

LOL...I remember that battery app. That was a gorgeous UI, very polished. And it's in the app store now, which is kind of astonishing.

You're right that later calls home can be spotted and kept from happening. Unfortunately, apps like Firewall IP don't work until they're added to the phone, and data from your device can be sent during the jailbreak process itself, as I read that TaiG actually did with their JB. The UDID of each device that was jailbroken was sent back to their servers; consensus among those better familiar with such things decided that since that was the only data being sent, it was safe enough for us to use.

No such validation has been posted yet about the current Mac version, which again, was not released by either TaiG or Pangu, but rather by a group known for piracy. If that doesn't worry you, hey, have at it. But for those of us who practice a certain degree of caution when jailbreaking, some random end user saying "it worked fine for me" isn't enough to feel secure.

Obviously just my .02 worth. No skin in this game, I'm doing fine on the current TaiG JB and bought a dirt cheap Windows laptop over the holidays so I'd never be stuck waiting for a Mac based JB again.

Anyway, glad to hear you figured out the conflicting tweaks!

12. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

Funny thing is I still use that battery app cause I like they way it zaps memory and it does look cool. #

13. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

What's the name of that battery app, if you please. Thanks!

14. BERRYP186 macrumors member

Can someone help i down loaded this and it works ok but, my winterboard does not have an app. Its in settings and it will not let me add any themes to the phone. Need Help Please.....

15. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

winterboard no longer has an icon. did you look in settings? if it's there, you're good to go, if not...go to cydia's app and find and install it...!

16. BERRYP186 macrumors member

Yes I did find it in sett I settings but I click on the theme I want and restart but the theme is not there. Not sure what to do. I have 6 plus

17. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

is the theme ios8 compatible?

18. BERRYP186 macrumors member

You know I not sure I will check and see that would make sense that it would not roll over. Thanks

19. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Besides being iOS 8 compatible, it also has to be iPhone 6 plus compatible

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Anyone hear of someone reputable in the JB world giving this jailbreak their blessing?

not a peep out of musclenerd, pod2g (really, none of the evad3rs), planetbeing, pimskeks.. I mean, if anything, i0n1c would have complained mentioned something..

Not even the TaiG or Pangu team.. anyone hear anything about this getting the OK?

BL.

21. geekguy123 macrumors member

I used it on my 6 Plus and it's working great. I was on 8.1; updated to 8.1.2 (via USB and my iMac) and then JB using PP. JB was very fast. I think it took longer to download PP than the actual JB.

22. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

It's been four days and we still don't know if this jailbreak is safe or not smh

23. ValiantBacon10 macrumors newbie

Some help

Ok so I installed using this, it works just fine, however, the Debian Packager isn't installing anything. Big or small. It gives me the error (as follows)

"Downloading Zeppelin
    Downloading PreferenceLoader
    Done: PreferenceLoader
    Done: Zeppelin
    Downloading Substrate Safe Mode
    Done: Substrate Safe Mode
    Downloading Cydia Substrate
    Done: Cydia Substrate
    Running Diebian Packager
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)"

I'm not extremely techy, but the only option it gives me afterward is to restart the SpringBoard. Is there something wrong with my .deb files?

Using ios 8.1.2 and installed using PP on a MacBook Pro if it helps

Installing Zeppelin btw