Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AntonisCy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
My old ringtones have returned but i have some listed 3 and 4 times... How can i delete duplicate ringtones? All are purchased and i never connect my phone to a pc! Is there a way to delete ringtones?

lenard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Raleigh NC
My old ringtones have returned but i have some listed 3 and 4 times... How can i delete duplicate ringtones? All are purchased and i never connect my phone to a pc! Is there a way to delete ringtones?

Find the "tones" folder in iTunes music folder and delete the duplicates

pdawg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
At least you have ring tones. The only ring tone I really cared about never came back, and I'm too lazy to repurchase it.

AntonisCy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
It's not a matter of ringtones for me anymore, its OCD and i dont like looking at those duplicates :D

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Wow, I may wait on this update. Things are just right atm since I repurchased and got reimbursed for lost one.

A question though?

I have two listings for same ringtone in iTunes Tones and only one working one on iPhone.

One of the listings in iTunes Tones is greyed out with a dotted circle to left.

The other has an exclamation mark to left and is not greyed out.

No matter which one I select to delete warning says do you want to delete this ringtone you purchased thru store.

I think I tried to delete the greyed out one before and it did not delete.

Sorry for hijack, but why two listings and can't delete the greyed out one?

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.