8.1.2 wifi issue?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by miinike, Dec 16, 2014.

1. miinike macrumors newbie

unsure if this an issue with other iphone5 users. after updating to the current version (8.1.2), it seems the wifi was greyed out and I am unable to turn it on for use. is it just me?

miig..

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Hi, not normal. Did you reset the phone by holding the home and power button?

3. miinike thread starter macrumors newbie

I have run out of options. I may have to visit an Apple store now. just wanted to know if I were the only person with this issue.
    thank you for the reply.

----------

I had the screen replaced also. the original color of the screen was white but the third party installer had a black colored replacement. would that cause an issue? Hmmm,.

miig.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

The 3rd party screen might be an issue with Apple; it's possible some internals were damaged. You'll have to see how it goes. Good luck!

5. miinike thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you.

----------

the other thing I notice is, when I reset with home and power button on my 4S, it has a white apple logo with black background. on the 5, it has a white apple logo and black background. both have the 8.1.2 version.

:confused:

6. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

Depending on the device and iOS loaded, if you have a device with a white face, the boot screen will be a white background with black logo. If you have a device with a black face the boot screen will have a black background with a white logo.

Perfectly normal behavior.

7. I7guy macrumors G5

Lol, I never noticed that. Nice! How does IOS know the phone color. Never mind, I don't want to know. :)

8. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I am having speed issues on my 6 Plus. Comcast upgraded my speed the other night from 30Mbps to 60Mbps. My Late 08 Macbook Pro can get the full 60Mbps over my 5GHz signal from my Airport Express, but on my 6+, it doesn't go above 34Mbps. Interesting thing too, is my girlfriends 6 does the exact same thing as my +.