8.1.3 Battery Drain When Not in Use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macher, Feb 10, 2015.

1. macher macrumors 65816

macher

Have iOS 8.1.3 on an iPhone 6. When not in use it loses 1% battery about every 10 minutes. Tried closing all apps and it doesn't help.

Is this normal? Any suggestions on how to fix?

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sounds to me like you are consuming power via the screen and backlighting to see how power you have used. These are the number one power consumers for your phone.

3. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Go into Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage and see what is using the most battery.

I'd also suggest turning the percentage indicator off and just using your phone normally. How long does it last when your not constantly checking the battery percentage?

4. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

This worked like a charm for me. It makes you not constantly want to check your percentage every few minutes.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I do the exact same thing.

6. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

7. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Everything mentioned above. I'm just here to say my 2011 iPhone 4s on 8.1.3 went 7 days on battery. Mostly occasional Safari and FaceBook/Instagram use. And a little bit of Super Hexagon and Leo's Fortune. Usage time totaled 7 hours. Not bad for a 3 year old device.

I do have it using WiFi only though. So if you live in a poor coverage area, that could be the issue right there. Using more battery to hold/search for a signal. I live out where I'm lucky to be able to send a text. Holding a call only works on my Moto X. iPhone is out of the picture. But the battery will kill itself super fast searching for a signal.

See what happens in Airplane mode ;)

8. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

In my case I had a third party app that was draining the battery. I systematically removed apps until I found the culprit.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Turning off the percentage indicator is a fine tip, however if the user is truly seeing 6% loss while idle (screen off, just sitting there) that is far too much battery drain. 1% an hour should be about right.