8.1 and Safari

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Brian1948, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Brian1948 macrumors newbie

Is it me or is there an issue with IOS 8.1 and Safari?
    I upgraded my IPad4 to 8.1 (now wish I had remaind with 7!) when I go to type the very first letter types and immediatly the keyboard drops away! Touch the text area the keyboard pops back up and remains stable!

Safari freezes at times too. But it never did this with IOS 7

Have reset the system and Safari twice now without my change.

Any ideas?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

It's not you at all. I see the keyboard drop thing sometimes when I first type into the search bar upon launching safari there are also other weird things that just seem to happen on occasion. I can't even always replicate them.

There is an update co,OMG soon which hopefully addresses these niggling problems.

3. xXxDieselxXx macrumors member

Same problem here also it seems I need to double tap on some links or hit the refresh button.

4. Europa13 macrumors 6502

I've had problems with Safari freezing when I'm typing on one of the forums I go to and it's been happening since 8.0. It's happened at least sixty times. I restored to factory settings and it didn't help. The screen becomes completely unresponsive and I have to use the task switcher to force quit it. One of the keys stays stuck up in the air when it freezes if I'm typing a letter at the time. It usually happens when I'm backspacing to edit text. Is this what happens with you as well? I have an iPhone 6 on 8.1.

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

The Safari freezing problem is really bugging me. It seems to only happen when I'm writing a long-winded response to a thread. It freezes and I lose everything I've written already. Very annoying and happens about once every couple days.