8.1 Transfer Photos to iPhone????

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by joker00, Oct 21, 2014.

1. joker00 macrumors member

So I have a lot of old photos in if I want to put on my phone......

How do I do that easily?

I tried AirDrop, but that looks like only 1 photo at a time.

There's got to be an easy way?

thanks.

2. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Upload them via Photo Library or plug your phone in and sync via iTunes, or just drag and drop them?

3. cosminsel macrumors member

cosminsel

4. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

I use Rollit https://appsto.re/us/AlTnS.i

This app is great because it uses usb transfer thru iTunes so it's really fast to transfer 1000+ photos and they go into Camera Roll and in the order that you want.

It does keep the metadata for Collections/Moments, the photos that don't have it will be located the day you transfer them

I think it's 1 or 2 dollars, but it's really worth it.

5. joker00 thread starter macrumors member

I forgot to mention, transferring from my mac laptop to iPhone 6.

thanks.

6. paulking macrumors member

I solved it by creating folders in the master photo folder that I designated iTunes to sync with on my PC.
    I think you can either designate that master folder or it's pre-designated (search "what folder does iTunes access for photos on computer " or perhaps the photos tab in the sync on iTunes may allow a browse folders choice)
    Then, when I sync, it shows options to sync those folders and I get a new album of photos on my phone. Just not on the camera roll.
    But Rollit app looks cool.

7. joker00 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks PaulKing

I had to turn off iCloud photos, but now I can syncc with iPhoto and get all the pictures.

Guess now that I have them, I'll try to get iCloud to work again.

8. joker00 thread starter macrumors member

update: not good.

OK, to be clear, I have about 1000 photos on my mac I want to add to my iPhone running 8.1 and iCloud photos.

If I shut iCloud photos off, then I can sync via iTunes either my iPhoto library or a folder of photos.

However, if I turn iCloud photos back on, all the sync'd photos are deleted from the phone.

I guess the real trick is how to add photos from your computer to iCloud photos so they can be seen on your phone?

9. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

If you are referring to iCloud Photo Library (beta) then yes if that is on then camera roll is off and so is iTunes sync. So if you are wanting to add photos to iCloud Photo Library you can go to icloud.com and upload via the photos app there. That should show all photos on all devices connected to iCloud Photo Library. (several threads about iCloud Photo Library may be helpful to visit)