8.3 or 8.4

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rockitdog, Jul 11, 2015.

1. rockitdog Suspended

Yet to update... I'm seeing mixed reviews. Thinking about just waiting till iOS 9 drops... Any real reason to update?

2. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I still havent upadated to 8.4. Waiting for more reviews

3. cynics macrumors G3

I've updated both my 5S and Air 2 and wish I wouldn't have. I've already performed backups so I don't feel like rolling back (if they are still being signed).

The exclusion of Home Sharing (music) is upsetting for me because thats a feature I use a lot. It sounds like that is never coming back so waiting for iOS 9 would be pointless, I'd eventually lose that feature.

Also I've encountered few bugs on 8.4 I didnt have with 8.3 such as rotations issues with my Air 2 and my alarm clock not sounding on my 5S. A couple other quarks here and there too like issues with call waiting and conference calls. And Siri asking me to unlock my iPhone to perform a task but not accepting TouchID sometimes.

For a .X update I feel like it introduced more issues then it solved....for me anyway. I'm aware milage will vary.

4. Ternary macrumors regular

If you need a reason to update, ask someone to send you the Arabic text message.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

Yep, this alone is worth it. On my 5s, 8.4 is working fine.