Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RockyIV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Los Angeles
After I updated my iPhone 6+ to 8.4.1, the App Store app won't load the content, except the Updates page. All the other pages are blank. What can I do?

So far, I've reset network settings, restarted phone, force closed App Store app.

Thanks!

RockyIV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Los Angeles
Did a restore via iTunes, it didn't fix the issue. Should I just wait for iOS 9 since it's right around the corner? That's about a month without the app store but I got all the apps I need right now so I think I'll be fine.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Did a restore via iTunes, it didn't fix the issue. Should I just wait for iOS 9 since it's right around the corner? That's about a month without the app store but I got all the apps I need right now so I think I'll be fine.

got the same issue on my 5s. sometimes app store not loading. i shut it down on multi task and log in back again. and it works..maybe its a server-side issue.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Beginning to be pretty disappointed in Apple's software as of this past year or so. I'm having the same issue now as well. 8.4.1, both iPad Air and iPhone 6+ -- neither can download a new app from the App Store, just get the spinning icon.

Both devices now crash iBooks to home screen if iBooks has been backgrounded. What's odd is that this just popped up in the past few days -- but I've had 8.4.1 since it was publicly released. It seems like they've borked some iCloud type web service pretty badly, although a reboot fixes it -- until the next time iBooks goes into the background.

For a company that makes fantastic hardware, I'm becoming more disillusioned with every software update. I even switched back from Android last year because I missed my iPhone.

Reactions: AuPhalanx

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
What's odd is that this just popped up in the past few days -- but I've had 8.4.1 since it was publicly released.

Yup, exactly this! Hopefully that means it's easier to fix as they just undo whatever they did (easier said than done of course no doubt :D)

RockyIV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Los Angeles
What annoys me is that 8.4 worked fine. I told myself I should wait with the 8.4.1 update but no, I figured it was such an insignificant one that it wouldn't affect me at all. Ta-da, I can't download or update apps. iOS 8 is a fiasco, let's hope that iOS 9 is better, but from what I've heard so far, it doesn't look like it.

AuPhalanx

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2004
Wilkes-Barre, PA
Here's a fix that I found.

Sign-out of your iTunes ID on ALL of your machines and devices, both computers and iPhones and iPads. Reboot. (I do not know if this step is necessary, but it's not something that won't hurt.) Sign back into your iTunes ID.

This has worked on my iPad and my gal's iPhone. It will hopefully work for you as well.

All the BEST!

A.

RockyIV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Los Angeles
Thanks for the tip about signing out your iTunes ID, I didn't get a chance to do that because, guess what, my App Store app is back to normal again. I did nothing. It didn't work this morning, then earlier today it updated an app, then finally this evening it loaded the content again like normal. Feels great!

Apple must've done something on their end.

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Still borked for me, identical issues on iPhone and iPad, which go away after a restart (and sign-out tip) but always come back. I see the AppStore but can't install anything and all apps that I have already installed appear with the cloud download option, not open button. On the Updates page there is no button at all next to any of the apps.

skipcooney

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2010
Connecticut
My iPhone 5s and my 2 iPads started acting strange 5-6 days ago. The app store update screen stopped showing the blue open/update buttons next to each app and updates stopped showing up. Also found that my screen froze when I went to iCloud setting or itunes & app store settings. A forced restart resolved the problems but they returned later. Called apple care and they could not help because the problems were resolved after the restart but only returned the next morning.

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
These issues seem to have been happening for a number of days now without any sign of a potential fix. It's odd that the symptoms you mention skipcooney are absolutely identical to those that I and many other users are experiencing, so Applecare's lack of assistance is a little concerning to say the least. Considering the number of people here and on the Apple discussion forums that are describing precisely the same issues, that must mean that a huge number of users in the 'real world' are also having these serious issues. Unfortunately Applecare isn't even available as a purchase option in the country where I live so I'm reliant on those that have it, ensuring that Apple are made aware of the issue so that they can accept that there is a genuine problem and work on it. I'm still very surprised that none of the blogs have picked up on it, surely it has has to be fairly widespread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.