Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reptarwilleatu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I updated yesterday to the public release, thinking it would fix some cosmetic bugs (the document provider one is from when i was on the 8.3 beta) and it didn't. Not sure why. i did a clean restore then restored from a backup and it's present. Any thoughts?
image.jpg
image.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not all bugs are usually fixed, especially lower severity/priority ones (like some cosmetic issues).

reptarwilleatu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Not all bugs are usually fixed, especially lower severity/priority ones (like some cosmetic issues).
yeah but there's no way that those kinds of bugs would of been left in a public release. Also the document provider one has been there since the 8.3 beta like i said...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
yeah but there's no way that those kinds of bugs would of been left in a public release. Also the document provider one has been there since the 8.3 beta like i said...
Sure there is. Plenty of software out there that has all kinds of bugs, especially of the much less important cosmetic variety. Perfection is pretty much impossible to come by and that's basically the reality of it all.

Now if this is something that various others aren't experiencing that might be a somewhat different issue. But if others are seeing the same types of things then it's just that those bugs didn't get fixed (so far).

reptarwilleatu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Sure there is. Plenty of software out there that has all kinds of bugs, especially of the much less important cosmetic variety. Perfection is pretty much impossible to come by and that's basically the reality of it all.
kay

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.