8.4 improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sunking101, Jun 30, 2015.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

All I keep reading about are music-related features that I don't give a stuff about. Have any of the bugs in the o/s been fixed? Is Safari any good on data-heavy websites yet? Have the Springboard crashes stopped? Do the Calendar reminders stay on the screen until you clear them, rather than disappearing without any user interaction 75% of the time? Etc...

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

I experienced a bug with there being a delay between pressing the home button and the screen turning on. Reverted to 8.3.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

I'm keeping an eye out for anything fixed or different aside from the music part of it. So far the few calendar notifications I received have stayed until I did something about them (as should be the case), but that issue with them quickly disappearing on their own only affected me about 25% of the time before. I've also only had only a couple of very occasional restrings in previous iOS 8 versions, so hard to say if anything about that has changed so far. Safari seems to be about the same before, again, so far and based on the sites I use, which rarely gave me reload or other issues before.

4. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Bluetooth connectivity is a big one for me. iPhone6 has some dreadful moments stuttering with playing an audiobook to a speaker in my car whilst also connected to my watch and the car BT system (stupid thing won't play audio through the car only voice calls). iPad has trouble keeping a connection to my ultrathin keyboard. I returned one last week to amazon and I'm giving this one a few days before it goes back. I've upgraded the iPad to 8.4 and the situation appears to have improved a little. The keyboard still goes to sleep but at least it hasn't done so in the middle of my typing - yet. Early days but I intend to really hammer it during work tomorrow.