8.4 Jailbreak with TaiG and Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by loyalist, Jun 30, 2015.

1. loyalist macrumors 6502

Anyone having a problem with the stock watch weather app not loading? Also, it took forever for the weather to update on my watch face. Not sure if it's an iOS 8.4 or jailbreak issue. Didn't have any problems with 8.3 jailbreak.

2. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

It been like that even without the Jailbreak for me. Just unpair the watch from the phone, then power off the watch and phone, turn both back on and re-pair again.

3. loyalist thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok it worked. 2nd time I had to pair the watch today.

I hope a jailbreak for the watch will be released eventually. I would love to theme the watch face to resemble other watch faces on the market now.

4. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

If it stops working again just restart the phone, you should find it will then be OK again for a few days. Not sure if 8.4 helps in this regard yet, I'm only just updating and re-jailbreaking now.

5. ivandr macrumors regular

I haven't had the problem since upgrading to 8.4 last night and JBing however I've had this issue before where the stock weather app (or weather complication on watch face) won't update. I have found that powering down the watch, then the phone, restarting the phone and then once the phone is back up to the home screen I turn my watch back on. This often helps get this working again and you don't end up losing motion calibration data from unpairing and repairing your watch.

6. T4R06 macrumors 65816

Did you guys improved your iPhone battery life paired with apple watch? I'm still on 8.3 and definitely seeing batt life hit on the watch

7. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

I'm not sure if you are aware but it is expected to see less battery life on a phone paired with an Apple watch, the phone is the main brain for the watch for the most part. Saying that though I don't notice much difference to when I didn't have a watch paired with my 6+, but mine does spend a lot of time sat in a dock during the day. I'm actually very happy with the battery life on the 6+ which is a change for Apple devices for sure.

8. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502

iOS 8.4 TaiG jailbreak not playing well with my Apple Watch.

Apps on the Apple Watch won't load or connect to the internet approximately 12 hours after I unpaired it and restored it from a previous backup.

eg. weather complications on the watch face showing — and if I open apps like Instagram or XE Currency, it's stuck on the loading screen with the spinning wheel/circles.

I did this last night at 8pm and it was working fine and now it's dropped off again.

Anyone else having the same issue? Any fixes?

9. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

Yes I have seen this, not sure if it's the jailbreak itself though, I have an feeling it's one of my tweaks, possibly Bioprotect but it's too early to be sure yet.

Edit: to get it working again just switch off the watch then phone, then turn phone back on and once it's fully loaded then turn the watch back on and everything should be working again.

10. ivandr macrumors regular

I've found this is the best course of action with most weird behavior/missed notifications between phone and watch. It has definitely resolved things several times for me.

11. germanguy macrumors regular

Do you have forecast installed?

12. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

Got nothing to do with that, as I don't and it still does it about every 12 hours or so. It did it even without a Jailbreak so I don't think that's directly related anyway, it just seems more frequent with a JB.

13. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502

Temperature still not showing on my Apple Watch face after around around 12 hours... Sick of turning it off and on again.... :(

14. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

I know the feeling, it was doing this even without the jailbreak though.

15. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

There are 2 x 6+ and a 5s in my family with 8.4, all paired to their own Apple watches. One of the 6+ is jailbroken, and none of them have such problem.

The jailbroken 6+ only installed F.lux, iFiles, CCSettings, and remove the shutter sound from the system file.

So far, I didn't face any problem that may be jailbreak related (both on the phone and the watch). May be I didn't dig dip enough, but so far everything ops normal.

In terms of battery life. I will say more or less the same as 8.3, enough for one day use (10hr+ usage time).

16. germanguy macrumors regular

What fixed it for me was not using respring but reboot the iphone every time I needed a respring. Yes, it is a pain.