8.4 on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by allisonv7, Jul 27, 2015.

1. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

I've noticed that my battery drains significantly faster since I upgraded. I listen to a lot of music on it at work during the day. By the end of the work day before the upgrade I might be down to 75% of the battery. Today it was down to 22%. This is all music I have stored on the phone, nothing streaming.

Anyone else having this issue? I just did some reading up on it and disabled a couple things, so I'm hoping that will help.

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Disabling Apple Music and Connect will help a lot.

3. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

For some reason, even after disabling Apple music, iTunes Match & whatnot, the network activity indicator (spinning thingy) still appears for a moment every time I use the iOS 8.4 music app.

Hope 8.4.1 fixes some of the issues and provide some performance improvements.

4. allisonv7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just checked and mine does the same. It's pretty disappointing to see the battery life drop so drastically. I was on an Android previously and was really happy to switch to the iphone and have such good battery life. With this recent update though that increase has been nullified, it might even be worse. Very disappointing. I'm going to turn the network off and see if that helps. Crossing my fingers!

5. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Is this result good? IPhone 5, iOS 8.4, 4G off, background refresh off and system localization services off.

Attached Files: