8.4 Security Risk

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DrBlueBox, Jun 22, 2015.

1. DrBlueBox macrumors 6502

DrBlueBox

I just installed 8.4 and I was restoring from an iCloud backup, I signed in using my Apple ID and then it asked me for the password to an apple ID that I've never seen before, I pressed "skip" and it proceeded to ask for the password for two more email accounts I'd never seen before.

Anyone else had this? Feels a bit, weird.. I'm the only one to have owned this phone

2. DrBlueBox thread starter macrumors 6502

DrBlueBox

Okay so now I'm getting random popups asking for the Apple ID password of various different email addresses. It happened once when I was in Whatsapp and again when I went to messages

3. heartburn macrumors member

Have you downloaded any music that might have been purchased by someone else from the web? This happened to me when I upgraded to my 5s. Methinks something in your iCloud backup synced to another Apple ID.

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Yeah, I'm also thinking that iCloud backup was tainted in some way.

@DrBlueBox have you tried setting the device up as a new device rather than restoring from a backup?

5. DrBlueBox thread starter macrumors 6502

DrBlueBox

Nope, I don't have any purchased music at all, I use Spotify

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like some media (music, videos, etc.) and/or some apps potentially came from another account at some point.

7. campyguy macrumors 68040

I had this happen to me about two years ago during one of the iOS 7.1 betas, never did figure out "why" it occurred. The same IPSW file was installed on two iPhone 5 handsets - one had issues, the second did not. I resolved the issue by DLing the IPSW file from the Dev portal and installed it on the problem device via DFU mode; I also proactively installed this IPSW on the second iPhone 5 - no problems since, and I still have both of these iPhones. It's still a mystery as to why this happened, I did notify Apple via the Bug Reporter (they notified me that it was a duplicate of an existing bug), and I have no further advice for you.