8.4 update to my iPhone 5s... major glitch

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DooDuh, Jul 9, 2015.

1. DooDuh macrumors member

Last night I decided to download the IOS 8.4 Music update... but I didn't get very far. At first, things proceeded normally and I soon saw the narrow, horizontal bar in the center of my screen that shows progression of the download. I set my phone aside as it downloaded, but when I checked on it 30 minutes later... my screen was stuck in what you see in the pic. (The round dot in the center is red.) At first I thought it was telling me to plug in my phone... which I did... all night long. No change. The screen is frozen in this mode. I've tried holding the power and control buttons down together for 12 seconds to power down the phone... it just returns to this screen for awhile... and then goes entirely black. If I then press the power button to wake up the phone... a white screen appears with the Apple logo for twenty seconds... and then it goes back to screen pictured. Any suggestions as to what is going on?

image.jpg

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Obviously something went wrong with the update. Best bet is probably to DFU & restore. Instructions on how to do that are here: https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

This will wipe the device and you can restore from backup. If it doesn't work, you'll most likely need to take it to Apple.

3. saudor macrumors 6502

plug into your computer with itunes open and restore