8/8+ pricing based on X sales

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by High Desert, Sep 20, 2017.

1. High Desert macrumors regular

Here is an interesting concept to consider: currently most reviews and articles being written suggest that the big demand os going to be on the iPhone X and that there will be surplus inventories of the 8 and 8+. Is it reasonable to think that if this is the case, Apple, or retailers, will end up reducing the price of these phones to relieve inventory burden? I am thinking about and 8 or 8+ upgrade from my 7, and have no interest in the X, so am willing to take a bit of a wait and see attitude to see what actually happened on inventory and pricing.

2. Broadus macrumors 6502a

I have no idea, but I'm going to wait a little while to see how things settle out. I have no desire for the X (way too pricey for my needs) and am looking to upgrade my 6s to a plus-size and give my wife the 6s. As things are now, it would be a 128GB 7, but a price drop of the 8 could persuade me to step up to a 256GB 8.

3. ValhallaOutcast macrumors regular

ValhallaOutcast

I would be shocked if Apple dropped the price before Sept 2018

4. MephistoZap macrumors newbie

MephistoZap

We could see some decent deals through carriers though.

5. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

I think that iPhone X will cannibalise the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, I also think Apple know this (they have said it before they don’t mind doing so) and next year they will cut the iPhone 8 style phones from the line up and introduce 2 next generation iPhone X style types (one being a 5.8” display while another is a Plus device with a bigger display), the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will turn get discounted, but I don’t see it happening before that.

6. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

No, more likely is the iPhone 8 being dropped by $100 in price in 2018 and the 6S being discontinued. Apple will be selling iPhone 8 models for years, likely as the last "all new" phone with a home button.

7. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

I don’t see that happening if the iPhone X cannibalises the 8 and 8 Plus.