8-core fan noise updates anyone?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jamoau, Jun 2, 2007.

1. jamoau macrumors newbie

There must be a few of these machines out there now. How does the fan noise compare to the 3.0Ghz Quad under heavy CPU load? Is the Quad a much quieter machine under load?

2. jshbckr macrumors 6502

I've never noticed my 8-core being loud. It's always run pretty quiet except right when I wake it up from sleep, the fans run for a second or two and then it calms down.

3. famousshots macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I wrote about the fan noise coming on after sleep to see if anyone else had this happen and I did not hear from anyone. I thought it was only me.
    I did find out from the apple store that it only happened with my 2 gig sticks from OWC and my 2 gig sticks from Ramjet in slots 1 & 2, but when the tech at the apple store put apple 2 gig sticks in 1 & 2 the fans did not get loud after waking from sleep anymore. They told me that it doesn't seem to effect the computer it just trips the fans and then they slow down but I was concerned that there may be some future problem that they don't know about from the tripping.
    Does anyone else think this might be a problem or am I just being overly concerned?
    Other then that my 8-core is very quite all day long.

4. TheFuzz macrumors regular

i haven't noticed any difference between the octo we have at work and my quad at home.

5. jshbckr macrumors 6502

I actually have third party RAM as well. Hmm... now you sort of have me worried!