Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hobes270

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
The only place I buy my Macs is off ebay, new of course. I use the live.com cashback coupon too. I have NEVER gotton scammed. Then last October I got a job with Apple, so I never buy them off there now. But yea go for it, just make sure you check their feedback!! :)

POLOgt

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2009
I have one for sale:
Item = 260379571233
I am a Silver Powerseller(just lost Gold standing :( ), with 100% feedback.
I just sold the second one on craigslist,

If you purchase from the a good seller you won't have a problem.
Just read the description well, and pay with PayPal.
PayPal will protect your purchase, and you should make sure the seller insures your parcel.

Just choose your purchases well from reputable sellers and you will have a great item!
I have never had a problem with eBay purchases while buying from reputable sellers.

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
looks fine to me. I've sold a couple macs on ebay. it looks like the seller is trying to "flip" the computer; like he bought it really cheap and is looking to sell it for a small profit.

j2048b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
just got mine off of ebay as well

Got my 8 core 2.8 this past week, used , and no monitor, but the guy bought apple care until 2011 for me, and shipped it 2 day mail!

it is awesome, and yeah i wish i would have gotten a monitor, but oh well!!

need to do memory upgrade, and possibly get an airport card, but that will be within the next few months!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.