8 gb 3GS??? wtf!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tesilential, Jun 14, 2010.

1. tesilential macrumors regular

On AT & T's site it says the 8 gb 3 G will be the $99 offering.

During Steve Job's keynote the powerpoint slide on the new lineup also had an 8 gb 3 G listed. To my knowledge the 3 GS was never made in 8 gb, it had 16 and 32 gb options.

Now I know they probably are referring to the 16 gb, since Wal Mart is already selling them at $97, but why the hell would they keep that damn slip up in there?

It's probably marketing tactics to make the new Iphone more appealing, with options of 8gb 3GS=$99, 16gb Iphone4=$199, 32gb Iphone4=$299, the Iphone 4 seems like an upgrade in memory from previous model to the uninformed customer.

Thoughts?

I hadn't seen anyone post this so I made a thread....

2. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Umm wait what is your question?

8 Gb 3G is legit. 99 dollars. it's been all over the place. 16 and 32 Gb 3G is being closed out.

Flash mem is finite and costly. To keep a 99 dollar (subbed) device in the mix , they introduced the 8 Gb 3G.

4. dmx macrumors 6502

Apple/AT&T will be offering an 8GB 3GS at $99 as their "entry level" option.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I don't see why this would infuriate you. If Apple had this in the keynote then it's official, if Walmart and AT&T also have this, then it's without a doubt right.

Just like how the iPhone 3G was offered in an 8GB while the higher end 3GS was offered in 16 and 32GB before the iPhone 4.

Just like how the iPod Touch 8GB is the slower one and the 16-32-64 GB iPod Touchs are the faster ones.

6. tesilential thread starter macrumors regular

Oh snap! I'm an idiot!

Its more like if they came out with new Ipod touch 32 and 64 gbs to replace the current ones, and only sold the 8 gig of the current crop, with the processors from the bigger ones.

Its not gonna be a smart decision to buy an 8 gb 3GS by the time they release it. (even if that is today)