8 Hours Later, First One Instore: HAPPY iPad DAY!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GarryBacon, Mar 16, 2012.

1. GarryBacon macrumors regular

HAPPY iPad DAY!!!

Arrived at my local Apple store at 1:30am, second but Matt in front gave up his position to myself after arriving just 10 minutes before.

This iPad is truly amazing! The screen is one of the family now!

Hope you have all received your iPads or receive them very soon.

This was the best £514 I have ever spent! - and I have had the 1st gen iPad and the iPad 2, all i'm saying is it may look the same but seriously it's amazing.

Cheers,

Garry B.

2. GeneAndEddy macrumors newbie

3. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

I feel sorry for you

4. harlex macrumors member

i don't. Good luck with the iPad enjoy every minute of it, hopefully I will get one this pm

5. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. My friend who has pre ordered still has not received his. But there is still lots of time. Enjoy your day!

6. bat717 macrumors regular

Garry, I think I remember you from last year's iPad 2 launch thread for Princesshay :) I'm very pleased for you :) I decided to preorder this year and still don't have mine, so I think I should have come and lined up again, it was fun last year! Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations and I hope you enjoy it!

7. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

Hello, yes was me and we are still buying iPads (they must be good). Hope you have received yours by now or if not very soon, assuming that the delivery dates where set for today that is. It was a very tiring launch today as it seemed like no one would turn up by 8am the line had doubled back! Brilliant day just very tired. Had no time for sleep. Have to work at 3pm!! Anyway, enjoy it when you get it. I cannot express how good it is! And there is always 'the next' launch haha!

8. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

You make me think of the kind of person who sees a child enjoying a balloon and walks over to tell them it will be dead in 3-4 days.

I am sure the OP didn't mean that his life is what your statement intimated. He/She is just happy and excited about a new item.

:mad:

9. bat717 macrumors regular

I would not be able to work after getting a new iPad! Good on you! It has finally arrived, about an hour ago. Totally in love. Was the line as long as last year?
    Maybe see you next year then!

10. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

Well said!

11. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

Yeah congrats everybody
    It is a nice day indeed :)

12. twysta macrumors newbie

I've never been to an Apple product launch and I'm wondering if you can confirm something I've heard.

A friend told me that when the Apple Store opens, the first customer is let in and the doors are closed. The first customer then purchases the product and all of the Apple Store employees applaud the customer for being the first, then all the other customers are allowed in.

Comfirm / deny?

:confused::D

13. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

I am so sorry, just going over a few of my Macrumours posts. I know this might be quite a few months late but that's not true. You get greeted like any other. They run around outside at 7:50 is then stand inside and count down then we go in an it's the first one then cheering then each person gets assigned an employee. Hope this answers your question!