8 month old macbook pro NO problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squeeks, Feb 17, 2008.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

well, ya'll said you wanted more no problem threads...so here...

i have an 8 month old macbook pro with no problems...ive torn it several times to upgrade the Harddrive, no problems getting it back together my battery still lasts about 3hrs plus surfing the web...no scratches, dents, or other case defects (well on the top, several small scratches on the bottom)

only little issue one dead pixel but you can hardly tell its there, just looks like a spec of dust...but yeah i had 20 dead pixels on my HP by this time..all LCDs get dead/stuck pixels, let me clarify that this is a DEAD pixel not a stuck one, its greyed out, not bright green/blue/red so its not a big deal at all

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I haven't had any problems with my 3 month old MacBook.

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

That is FAB! I bought mine back in July and it's working perfectly, hence the blue screen of death that I get in Vista (VMware Fusion). Hardware wise it's perfect!

P.S. replaced 2 power bricks through Apple Care, now have a new smaller one (working good so far).
    P.S.S. my previous laptops (Fujitsu/VAIO/IBM) were perfect as well

4. tennisplaayer11 macrumors member

That's good for both of you. With so many people on this site having the bottom third yellowing issue, bad battery, dead pixels, etc. you should be happy that nothing has gone wrong with yours.

5. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

My MBP is 7 months old and and is still running perfectly... not even a single dead pixel. Likewise for my Cinema Display.

My iBook is still going strong after more than 3 years (battery has seen better days, obviously) without a single fault too. Likewise for my 4G and 6G iPods. In fact, apart from one dead Airport Express and one DOA Wireless Mighty Mouse, I've never had any problem with the reliability of Apple hardware or Software.

I know that "+1" posts are frowned upon, but it's nice to be able to participate in a positive discussion on here for a change!

SL

6. chgojcs macrumors member

What the heck, I'll chime in, too.

After six years with G3 iBook, which is still working, just out of date, I got a MacBook Pro in November.

No problems whatsoever to report.
    The only thing is that some of the chrome on the latch button has come off, making the button look two toned, but it's no big deal. If anything, it identifies it as mine.

Other than that, flawless. Leopard flawless, too.

7. JPT macrumors regular

15 months old and no problems :D Well, except for the Wireless N problems which for me .2 fixed :eek: :D

And it still runs like a new machine! I love it!

The only thing I would trade it for is a Mac Pro + Widescreen LCD 20"+. But even then, I am not sure I would. Haha

8. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

hard to hold a mac pro in your lap

9. JPT macrumors regular

That's what they want you to think! Sheesh!

Haha

That's actually the main reason why I wouldn't trade it for a Mac Pro. I just want the octo core and the better GFX card :p

:apple::apple::apple::apple: