8 Month old MBP with DEAD PIXEL and some other problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by King t., Apr 12, 2008.

1. King t. macrumors regular

hi,

since last week I discovered a ugly DEAD pixel in the middle of my screen. it's really annoying since it is exactly in the middle. by editing pictures and gaming it really is distracting and bothers me. damn black dot in the middle of my screen :mad:

I still have warranty until the end of August, so should I call Apple? will they fix my Dead pixel? another problem I have is that my MBP freezes more often and sometimes the trackpad cursor moves in a entire diffenrent direction as I intended.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

Welcome to the club!!! I also have an 8 month old MBP with a dead pixel :D

i dont ever notice mine really i just always thinks its a piece of dust or something on the screen, but mine is also on the right hand side near the bottom...sorry to hear about yours

they arent going to fix your one dead pixel no, if you can show your mouse moving in the wrong direction they will fix that

3. King t. thread starter macrumors regular

why won't they fix a dead pixel? u pay so much money for a MBP and then they won't even fix something, when something is not working right?

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Have you tried either a program to work it out, or rubbing it?

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

No company out there fixes single dead pixels, its just not feasable unfortunately . Reason being is LCD screens get dead pixels ALL the time. The only company I know of that fixes them is Hypersonic if you buy one of their machines but you have to buy the dead pixel warranty for usually $200 extra dollars.

One thing you can try is every now and then rub the dead pixel with your finger. I did that to a gateway monitor I had and it went away after about a week of every now and then rubbing.

6. King t. thread starter macrumors regular

yup I already tried rubbing and other sorts of apps, unfortunately with no luck. :(

damn, it means that I paid last year so much money for this machine and now I have to live with the dead pixel? it would not bother me if the damn pixel would be somewhere where I would not notice him all the time, but the damn thing is exactly in the middle of my screen.