8 or 16 gig?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by plasm, Nov 1, 2007.

1. plasm macrumors newbie

Ready to purchase several ipod touch units for Christmas. Are there any recommendations on which one to get?

2. natezire71 Guest

depending on how much music, i would actually get the 8gb...but, if u have the money...get the 16gb....i got the 8gb, and i haven't filled it up

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

its all about the music.

if you have 7 or less GB of music get the 8, more than 7, get the 16.

i use itunes mostly for videos, so a 8, 16, or even 32 for that matter doesnt make much difference, as you can just sync unwatched episodes.

4. cwolves macrumors regular

If they are presents i would say it is entirely price dependant.

5. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

same here its all about whether price matters, but with videos you can never have enuf room, also better quality songs etc... so if possible the 16 is obviously the choice to make as i like to have all tv series rather than just ones i havent watched but bottom line:

6. holybatfart macrumors member

holybatfart

well it really depends on what it'll be used for, if its music, movies and tv shows, photos, etc. you might wanna get the 16GB. Couldn't be happier with my 16GB, plan on putting more movies on it eventually (4 atm).

7. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

16GB. No question.

Unless you don't ever plan on putting a couple movies on one, or don't have an extensive music collection.

8. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Unless cost is a factor 16GB.

The strength of the Touch is in displaying video. I keep a big collection of video podcasts and movies/tv shows on my Touch at all times. 16GB doesn't go that far.

9. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

This thing is actually not a great music player - no physical volume or track controls, plus it displays album art of whatever you're listening to to everyone around you (unless you turn the screen off).

Get it for video, and thus get 16GB.

10. gvegastiger macrumors regular

Its a great music and video player, but the video is probably the best part. If the person the gift is for is into movies and tv shows and has a lot of content, you gotta get the 16 GB.

11. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

8 more GB for $100 (+/-) is still a bargain.

If you DON'T get the 16GB, sooner or later you'll wish you did.

12. gr8ful macrumors member

Get the 16GB or you will regret it. The SDK for developing applications will be out in February, which means your Touch will be much more than a music player and a browser (can be now if you jailbreak).

You will need that extra room for files, ebooks, etc. because of the new applications that will soon become available. Remember rule 16 of the Golden Rules of Technology - One can never have too much memory.