8 or 32gb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by liamkp, Jun 1, 2010.

1. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

im going to get an ipod touch soon and was wondering what your suggestions were on the storage capacity, i can afford the 8 or 32 gig models. ill probably have up to 300 songs, probably close to 200, at least an hour of video, and of course, at least 50-100 apps, suggestions? Thanks for the help, vote on the poll. currently im leaning to the 32gb, but alot of my friends have 8gb and they seem content.

2. Gatorsxrule macrumors member

The 8Gb Doesn't have the hardware upgrades that the 32Gb and 64Gb does, so it wont run as fast. The 32Gb runs faster and has more space so get that one if you can, better to have too much than too little. And also you will probably want to get more apps as they come out so 8Gb might not be enough in the future

Also in the upcoming OS 4.0 update the 8gb wont get all the features since it doesnt have the updated hardware while the 32Gb does and will

3. na1577 macrumors 6502a

The 8GB touch is almost 2 years old; don't waste your time with it.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

forgot about the hardware upgrades, i wish they hadnt got rid of the 16gb, else i would have gotten that. thanks for the tips, im going for the 32gb. ;)

6. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

7. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

cool, ill probably still go for the 3rd gen, unless its in the same price range, plus when they do come out, the 3rd gen price should drop a little bit, and theres a guy on ebay(where im gonna buy my ipod touch) who sells them refurbished for pretty cheap. so when it does come out he will probably get alot to refurbish. Ive seen them go for under 200:eek:. plus the apple warranty is finished so if and when i get a squaretrade warranty, it wont have to overlap the apple warranty, cause squaretrade is fairly cheap and theyre supposed to have free mail-ins, and apple doesnt

8. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

9. Panther71 macrumors regular

I was given some BB gift certificates to go towards the purchase of an iPod Touch. I, too am waiting until September to see if a new model is coming out then. If Apple holds off on an upgrade until Sept 2011, I will probably go ahead and purchase a 3rd Gen model.

I wouldn't get anything less than the 32 GB model. It is a much better bargain with 4 times the storage for only $100 more.

10. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

I'm pretty sure it's coming out in September because that's when the college deal ends, and its getting rid of stock of older models in order to make room for more.

11. Panther71 macrumors regular

We have crossed paths on several threads here and seem to be in the same situation regarding holding out until September. Will you purchase a Touch if there is no significant change, or will you still hold out until they make a major change, like a camera? I will probably buy when the new models come out, no matter how minor the changes.

12. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

I'm not sure, two things could make me buy it: major changes or improved pricing. But I'll be able to tell when it comes out. :cool:

13. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I too am a potential Touch buyer who's holding out for Fall of 2010. I already have a Classic 160GB for all my music, so my Touch doesn't need to hold ALL my music, but people are right, the 8GB model is kind of silly at this point. Especially with the 32GB sitting right there for only $100 more.

Personally, I'm hoping in Sept that either the 32GB drops to $199 and becomes their base model, or they introduce a 16GB version to replace the 8GB in the base model slot. The former would be better of course.

I think a lot will depend if this mythic 128GB Touch ever comes to fruition. If it does the whole lineup will need to be slot-shifted and/or price adjusted.

14. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

I'm pretty sure i won't buy if they dont reintroduce the 16gb. :mad: I dont think the 32gb will drop but i do think the 16gb will rise once again. I agree if they introduce a model with more gb's than 64, they'll need to do some price adjusting.

15. iMichaela macrumors member

iMichaela

How about both?:rolleyes:

16. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

32GB. I bought an 8 this boxing day, and I've regretted it ever since.

17. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

That would be nice.... :);):rolleyes:
    Still waiting, but thanks! Hopefully they have the 16gb/32gb for $199, that would be great! ;)