8 reasons windows users don't switch

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by furcalchick, Oct 8, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

Dec 19, 2006
    South Florida
  2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    I agree with the article except for #8. I think the jury is still out; many power users are saying "wait for the first service pack" etc.
  3. kerpow macrumors 6502

Jan 16, 2004
    Of those original 8, 3 stand out above the others.

Hardware - Mac hardware is really not that great but it works. A simple tradeoff really, get the latest and greatest graphics card and run it on a unstable operating system or get one that's 6 months old that runs well.

Price - An entry level Mac is over twice the price of an entry level PC. You can talk about TCO but at the end of the day there's going to be a much bigger dent in your bank account at the end of the month if you buy a Mac.

Mac Uses - they're a bit like Christians, always telling people how wonderful the stuff they belive in is. I'm probably guilty of it a tiny bit but am trying hard to stop. I think its enough to say "I have a Mac, its pretty cool" but not add "you should really look into getting one".

FWIW, I don't agree with the comments about Vista. Infact I would say XP sp2 is great and many people feel that they are happy with what they have.
  4. ozontheroad macrumors 6502

Aug 4, 2006
    the reef
  5. bluefiberoptics macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2005
    I'll tell you another reason Windows users don't switch:
    Apple doesn't have a Desktop for consumers.

I already have a great 24 inch display. Now give me a decently priced Apple Desktop to go with it. Drop the Mac Pro price or introduce consumer Desktops.
  6. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    Mostly agree, but about price?

yeah, mac's price is comparable with similar equipped pcs.... that really means nothing in today's market when majority people has a budget for the computers, below $800, there is no mac laptops available! below $400, there is no mac computer available.