8 weeks shipping time!!! (30th of July launch)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThatsMeRight, Jul 20, 2010.

1. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I've also posted this somewhere else, but I feel like I also have to tell it over here.

Hello everyone,

I live in The Netherlands and well, since today (8 AM, so about 3 hours ago) we can 'reserve' an iPhone 4 over here with the official carrier T-Mobile (onliest official iPhone carrier over here). Now the problem is, it seems Apple will just send a few hunderd iPhone 4s on launch day. Already thousands of reservations are placed, but of these thousands just a few hunderd people will get an iPhone 4. The other iPhone 4s ships in 6 to 8 weeks!!!

I should note these thousands of reservations are placed in just 3 hours, and that's only T-Mobile customers. Others who want an iPhone, but are not a T-Mobile customer yet, can reserve tomorrow! I feel it's ridicilous Apple gives a 30th of July launch while they can not ship enough, and that thousands of people have to wait 2 full months!

Even worse, white iPhones will only ship in 10 weeks in limited quantities over here but yet you have to reserve now, otherwise it's gonna be like 12-16 weeks.

Pff, this is just ridicilous. How is it going in countries like Canada? Also similar problems?

Thanks,

2. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

All countries, including the original have no stock, it's not just you.

How do you know that Apple is only going to give hundreds? It's not their fault, or would you rather that the iPhone 4 launches 3 months later to piss you off even more?

If anything, it's T-Mobile's fault that they didn't stop reservations/pre-orders after the batch was filled up (if true).

As for the White, there was obviously a fault and they delayed it, nobody has it and it will be a similar story across the world, stop making out that Apple hates your Country.

3. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

No, it's just they promise a 30th of July launch but Apple can't handle a July launch with 17 more countries. But I mean, come on, 8 weeks shipping time for a device that hasn't even been launched yet? Than they could just as well call it an August or September launch.

4. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

That's to do with T-Mobile stock, Apple NL may have unlocked, unsubsidised phones available.

As said, Launch is a launch, there will be phones available but sold out, it's the same with all successful products (PS3 Launch, Xbox etc).

5. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

No, no unlocked or unsibsidised phones. It has to do with Apple: they want to say it's their fastest roll out ever even though they can't really handle it.

There were enough PS3s and Xboxes for the people who reserved (Sony and Microsoft made sure everyone who reserved got one on launch day).

6. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

When you're selling 3-million phones in 3 weeks - there are going to be supply issues. Especially since the white phone hasn't even hit the market yet.
    While it may seem unfair, Apple is going to service its biggest market first, the US.
    I'm in Canada, and it sucks, but it's just the way it is.

7. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

That's understandable, but than they just shouldn't launch the iPhone 4 in July. Than they should say: "Guys, we want to give the best service and we can't do that when we are going to roll it out so fast so we move up the launch for these 17 countries to August" or something like that. These are just false promises.

8. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

How is it a false promise? Apple IS launching it in more countries July 17th. Just because they can't get a phone into everyone's hands doesn't mean they should hold off the launch. That's ridiculous.

9. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Can I ask where you got your figures from? Sales Rep?

10. Eye4Desyn macrumors 6502

+1.

11. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

If they can't keep up with demand they should have waited with adding other countries to the list. The onliest thing they want is their 'quickest roll-out ever'.
    And it's July 30th, not 17th.

Yes, that's correct.

12. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Lol, how do they know the figures, they make up some BS to fend you off.

13. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

lol - ooppss - was thinking 17 countries when I typed that.
    But if Apple waited until they could keep up with demand before rolling it out in other countries we wouldn't get it until December or beyond. I mean Americans are having to wait 3 weeks now for their phones. Should Apple just never release it?
    Apple is in the business of making money - not stockpiling inventory. Can't make money with warehouses full of product.

14. chell macrumors member

You could always try getting an iPhone from the UK or France (they're unlocked). It looks like Apple isn't giving the carriers enough stock. UK store says: Ships in 3 weeks...

15. ARSC macrumors 6502

order the phone online from the uk apple store.

16. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

When did Apple give you access to their highly confidential numbers? Knowing Apple T-Mobile does not even know exactly how many phones they are getting.

17. dikketienes macrumors member

You can't order a unlocked phone in the UK. It's not possible to ship outside the UK.

Or am I wrong?