80% of iTunes library missing

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Böhme417, May 26, 2015.

1. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

I've been in a panic for the last hour, because I tried to play a song on my iPhone that was somehow missing. Strange, since I just played this song about two days ago. So, I go to my computer to find the song... missing. I look at the bottom of iTunes. It says I have about 2k songs in my library. WTF. I have about 10k songs in my library. I sign out and back in. I restart my computer and phone. Nothing. I'm missing about 80% of my music library, and I can't find any solution. I've checked the Apple System Status page and iTunes Match isn't showing any issues. What is going on?! It's like most of my music has just disappeared, and I don't see anyone else with the same immediate issue. Help!

2. teethemagicbee macrumors newbie

I'm gonna take a guess at the missing songs were bought elsewhere rather than iTunes? In my experience, match works great for itunes bought songs. But when playing music bought from somewhere else, it was a massive head ache. Was so glad when my subscription was up, could finally listen to music on my phone again.

Hope you get a fix soon.