iPad mini 802.11ac coming to mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wesk702, Aug 12, 2013.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Think ac will come to the mini. Wonder if they'll hold this off for next year. Would like to see this to take full advantage if the new AE.

2. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Unknown when, but yes eventually it will happen. No rumors read on if the ipad mini 2 will have it. Though ac did come out with the Airport extreme, Apple decided the Airport express would be left out for now, so me thinks the new mini will not have it either. Just a guess.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I don't think we'll see wifi ac until the iPad mini 3.

4. MindsEye macrumors regular

They left out ac on the express because its obvious they want you to purchase the extreme. The new Air and Mac Pro both have ac but still this is no inclination on whether the refreshed iOS devices will adopt the standard.

With AirDrop being one of the big touted features of iOS 7, its possible they would want to showcase its capabilities to its fullest extent.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think it would be really stupid if they didn't put the 11ac on all new iDevices. Why come out with a new network standard if you aren't going to use it? Right now, I'm not buying the new AirPorts because I don't have any devices with the new standard. But the more devices Apple sells with 11ac, the more likelihood that I would buy one or more such device, and the more likelihood that I will buy the new AirPort.

6. McBeats macrumors 6502a

i'm willing to bet that they will put ac on them.

7. calvol macrumors 6502a

Hope not with all the WiFi problems the 2013 Air is having.

8. Apple Fan 21 macrumors regular

I also bet it is a "yes" since they updated TC and APE. I wont replace my iPad 2 until Apple releases a mini w/ Retina and AC.