802.11n on XP?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Ray22, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Ray22 macrumors newbie

Hi guys. Here's my first post in this forums, with my first doubt about all this. I thought I'd have more problems with MacOs X than with Windows (the OS I was used to), but my first problem starts with XP.

I was playing Counter-Strike: Source, and started thinking about some connection issues I was having. My ping went up and down all the time. Since I started using Windows on my Mac, I thought it was using 802.11n draft, but right now, looking the configuration, I just found I'm working on 802.11b (or that's what the wifi chipset drivers say). My airport configuration is set to 802.11n 2.4 ghz (so that it also lets you connect in the other standards too). How can I connect using 802.11n on XP? Thanks ;) .

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm using Leopard, so it's Bootcamp 2.0. I've got a 2 months old Macbook Pro. Thanks.

2. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

You are probably missing the N driver, which may or may not exist for XP on the mac.