802.11n over Time Capsule for iMac and Air

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AdamA9, Feb 12, 2010.

1. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Guys,

I didn't know where best to put this, so hope this is okay to post here. I couldn't find anything similar.

I've Virgin Broadband currently running through my Time Capsule. It's the 10mbps service so assuming only 802.11g. I want to upgrade to the 20mbps service, but this uses 802.11n and need to make sure that;

a) My Time Capsule can send a signal, with limited configuration needed - it's already working, so assume they just send a new signal and it should still work.

b) My new iMac is capable of picking up the 802.11n signal without any adapters needed and,

c) My girlfriends Macbook Air can receive the signal okay. It's a couple of years old, not sure on model or version number.

We also have iPhones using the wireless, an xbox (through ethenet) and Samsung 8000LED en route for interactive TV over wireless. I'm hoping it all should work out okay?

Thanks in advance :)

Adam.

2. benjamin747 macrumors member

No...

Your Time Capsule will support N but your iPhone won't. Xbox is ok. Macbook Air should* be ok...

Wireless N is b/g and compatible so its all good but it won't be as fast on your iPhone...