802.1x Help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TC2COOL, Feb 18, 2008.

1. TC2COOL macrumors member

I'm hoping someone knows what is going on.

After upgrading to 10.5.2, I could no longer connect to my University's 802.1x network. The ITS guys on campus said, "You should use XP or Vista, it's easier." Maybe for them. Suffice it to say, since it was not a windows problem it was beyond them.

So, I can connect to my home WAP protected wireless. No problems. I can connect to open wireless networks. No problem. It is only when I try to connect to the 802.1x network. I can't even get the Airport to recognize the network to bring up the User "Name/Password screen" or the "Verify Certificate screen."

I tried deleting the network to get my Airport to reacquire it, but now I can't reacquire. I see the network in the drop down menu, but when it is selected, nothing happens.

Help. Please. Pretty please. You are all very smart people, you know the answers... Right?

2. TC2COOL thread starter macrumors member

So... I guess no one knows what is going on... That's cool... Me neither...

3. desistyle macrumors regular

There are quite a few users having Airport problems since 10.5.2. Try removing the plist file in the folder below:

Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration

com.apple.airport.preferences.plist

Also, open up the keychain access utility and delete all entries related to your university's wireless.

Try rebooting and see if you're now able to connect.

PS - I had so many issues with airport and 10.5.2 I ended up going back to 10.5.1. No problems now!