Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
My school uses 802.1x and so I use this feature from Internet Connect everyday. My girlfriend's iBook does not have this feature from within Internet Connect, and she has to go to Airport menu --> Other and enter all the information every day. The ibook is a month old and came with Tiger. My Powerbook is about 8 months old, but is now running Tiger. Is there a way to get 802.1x to show in Internet Connect on the iBook?

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Yup, System Preferences -> Network -> AirPort -> Configure -> make sure the network name is in the list, click Edit, select 802.1X WEP in Wireless Security. That should work I think.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
Thanks, got it. I also had to go to Internet Connect - File - New 802.1x connection. Apparently part of the problem is how she was setting up the connection everyday. Rather than doing it through Internet Connect, she just went to "other" from the Airport menu, so it wasn't saved in Internet Connect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.