802.1X profile copy?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Teamdark6, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Teamdark6 macrumors newbie

Hey, i was just wondering if there was a way to copy the 802.1X profile on my macbook running snow leopard and get it onto my macbook pro running lion?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You don;t want to that. The network under network system change between those system a little. Just write down your network settings from one computer to the other and then manually put those settings in it.

3. Teamdark6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'll only be using one of the computers at once though.. It's for school and the school set up our profiles and told me to just type in the password on my other computer but I can't remember what it is, and the only person authorized to tell me it won't be back for 2 months...

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I am not aware of any substantial difference in 802.1x profiles between SL and Lion other than Lion nixing the manual creation in favor of configuration profiles, if you know of any major differences please share. Lion can still take in a profile through network setup, so I would think this can be accomplished.

OP, you can do this through Terminal.

Code:
    man networksetup
    There are options specifically for 8021x profile manipulation. One being

Code:
    -export8021xProfiles
    and the converse

Code:
    -import 8021xProfiles
    I haven't personally tested whether Lion can take an SL profile, but given the facilities are the same it may work.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Oh really?