80Gb HDD

theGAPkid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
UK
Do you reckon this will be enough for me?

Im purchasing a new Macbook later this evening (finally :)) and want peoples opinions. I've never been very good when it comes to sizes and stuff.

Im thinking 80GB would be plentiful for school/uni work photos and music?

Am I wrong? what would you reocmmend?? :)

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
the good thing about the macbook is that it's ok if you get a drive that's too small. if you find yourself running out of room, you can always buy a bigger drive and swap it out yourself; it's really easy. also, prices on hard drives are always falling, and apple seems to charge a grip to upgrade in tiny increments. i think you're best off getting whatever base configuration you were planning, and upgrading later when you need it. you'll likely save money that way as well.

Comment

theGAPkid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
UK
the good thing about the macbook is that it's ok if you get a drive that's too small. if you find yourself running out of room, you can always buy a bigger drive and swap it out yourself; it's really easy. also, prices on hard drives are always falling, and apple seems to charge a grip to upgrade in tiny increments. i think you're best off getting whatever base configuration you were planning, and upgrading later when you need it. you'll likely save money that way as well.
Sounds good to me :D

Like to save moeny where I can!!!!

only thing is, doesnt it void warranty by changing HD over? or is that me being stupid :p:eek::p

Comment

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Do you reckon this will be enough for me?

Im purchasing a new Macbook later this evening (finally :)) and want peoples opinions. I've never been very good when it comes to sizes and stuff.

Im thinking 80GB would be plentiful for school/uni work photos and music?

Am I wrong? what would you reocmmend?? :)
That's what I thought, but I got a 120GB HD. 9 months later, I only have 30GB left! :eek: Not sure what's taking up so much space as I don't have too many videos/movies, my iTunes is only 13GB and I haven't installed a ridiculous amount of applications. Oh well, I guess it all adds up.

Comment

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
80gb should be a good start, and like others said it is easy to exchange the hard drive, so wait until it gets full and change it out, prices are always getting lower, so you'll save money this way

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.