Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SOXJC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
I am looking to purchase one and have been told to wait by a friend as a new model is due out in Feb - is this true?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
There is no hard evidence that a substantially different iPod is in the works at all. Patent applications have shown up showing various unusual features, but applications in that family have shown the proposed interfaces used on notebooks, phones, iPods, and nondescript tablet-like devices. No one outside Apple really knows what products will eventually get these features, or even if the features will turn up in production hardware at all.

The speculation for early next year has mostly been about phones. There isn't anything special about February in particular, although the Macworld show in January is often used for product announcements.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
it depends what you want to use it for! If you want a video player, i'd offer 2 options:

1. Wait for the full-screen (it might be a half a year or so, can you wait that long?)

2. Get bigger-screen video player from another company. I know, it's heresy, but unless you like watching video on that little screen, you can do better.

Maccus Aurelius

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Definitely wait for it. I bought my 60GB as a stopgap until the 'true' video ipod makes the scene, so minor upgrades to the present one don't interest me in the slightest.

SOXJC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Its mostly going to be for music. I might download the odd movie/podcast but I don't expect it to be a issue with the small screen.

Can't wait a year. CDs are driving me nuts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.