80Gb ipod won't play video

Discussion in 'iPod' started by LazyByNature, Apr 17, 2007.

1. LazyByNature macrumors newbie

I bought this 80gb ipod on Friday, downloaded a few videos, watched them with no problems, edited them, sync-ed, now unable to watch but only listen. At first I thought it was because I edited the names (in itunes not windows) but then I downloaded a few free video to test and all I get is the audio, HELP any ideas??

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

try resetting your ipod if not then see if you can sync videos go check if itunes and see if the video check box is checked and if not then make sure the vidoes are marked as movie or music video or w/e.

3. LazyByNature thread starter macrumors newbie

it will play in itunes but not on my ipod, are their any known issue with people returning their ipod due to video issues?? I need some help here, how do I know if it is marked as movie or music like you suggested? It has a little icon beside it like a tv or screen.

4. brownie macrumors newbie

5. LazyByNature thread starter macrumors newbie

i never changed the format, right now it's .m4v

6. LazyByNature thread starter macrumors newbie

the videos play in itunes and in quick time but not on my 80 Gb ipod

7. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

If nothing above works, from the main menu, go to videos, video settings, and make sure "TV Out" is off.

8. LazyByNature thread starter macrumors newbie

9. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Make sure you are clicking on "video" from the main menu and not "music". Music will only play audio track where things under "video" play, well, video and audio.

;)

But I'm sure you knew that. Everybody reads the instructions before using their new products right!

;)

I hope you enjoy your iPod!

The Stig

10. Bunsen Burner macrumors regular

The above lists the maximum allowable size and bit rate per format. Anything above that and the iPod cannot play it.

BB