Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hitchhiker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
I have decided to switch back to PC after reading through a Dell catalog for a few hours. Why?

1. Dells are cheap

2. Apples are expensive and slow

3. Apple only has 3% Market share

4. Apples are toys, not real machines like PCs.

5. I don't want to "Think Different" , thank you!

6. My eMac is only 1 GHz, while my new Dell is 2.5 Ghz!

I'll sell my old flower power iMac with OS 8 on eBay.

You guys were rght about my Dell. The Inspiduroncrapon laptop I ordered is dead. What do you sugget? :)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Are you serious? Or are you just after another little flame war for you and your buddies to sit around the monitor and laugh at all the mac freaks going bonkers? :eek:

hitchhiker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
mac_head101 said:
Shoot it?
Give it to unsuspecting relatives?
Sell it to someone who can fix it?

This was a major DUH! for you, hitchhiker.

I'm asking for help. I don't need pointless sarcasm and arguing, 'machead'. :mad:

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
hitchhiker said:
I'm asking for help. I don't need pointless sarcasm and arguing, 'machead'. :mad:

If you bought it from Dell, call Dell.
If you bought it from eBay, contact the original seller.
Otherwise...

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
hitchhiker said:
I think you are probably sadly mistaken if you think you are going to be getting any serious replys in this forum ever again.

b0rked.jpg

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
ya, only a few days ago, you were bashing macs and exalting PCs - and DULLs no less, so these guys still heve a bad taste in their mouth from last time. give it some time. it is kinda your fault for getting a dell in the first place after all the people here gave such negative comments about them.

you said you just got it, so bring it back to dell, and part company with them. or if you really still wanna get a PC, at least get soemthing solid like a Thinkpad. if oyu got it from some private seller, see if they'll take it back, if not, and thye know it's dead, it's scam and you might be able to follow some legal options. or just throw it in the garbage.

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
hitchhiker said:
You guys were rght about my Dell. The Inspiduroncrapon laptop I ordered is dead. What do you sugget? :)

Normally, I do not try to get personal with other people on this forum, but in this case, I'll make an exception.

Frankly, I think your a jerk. Some 12 year old boy sitting in front of his computer masturbating while he watches the flame-war he started with his equally immature friends on a Mac forum about how PCs are better in every way, and how Macs are slower, more expensive, and just plain suck.

You, and people like you are the reason there is so much anger, hatred, and/or dislike towards any OS that is not made by Micro$oft.

You blatantly say that Macs are horrible, when you haven't even given them a chance.

Then come crawling back to the people you just trashed talked pissing and moaning about how your 'state of the art' DuLL computer is dead after less than 48 hours of use.

You make me sick. :mad:

As for helping you, I suggest you do one of the following:
1) return your computer back to Dell, and try and get a new one.
2) return your computer back to Dell, and buy a Mac.
3) return your computer back to Dell, and never go near another piece of technology as long as you live.

Now it's time for me to go back to my happy place. :)

Whigga Spitta

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2004
Can you say Chi-City??
This thread just makes me laugh...

One of my ignorant friends (someone just like hitchhiker) originally purchased a Dell laptop, despite much encouraging (from me and others) to switch. Turns out his laptop had a harddrive failure within the first 48 hours (coincidence...?). To make a long story short, two additional Dell notebooks were sent to his house, BOTH (making a total of 3) computers also had harddrive failures. Hahaha!

I'm happy to say he then decided to switch-- to a Vaio laptop :confused: ... some people will never learn/understand.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Whigga Spitta said:
I'm happy to say he then decided to switch-- to a Vaio laptop :confused: ... some people will never learn/understand.

Encourage him to use IE. That should further curtail his desire to fly on the WinTelThon paper airplane.

hitchhiker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
musicpyrite said:
Normally, I do not try to get personal with other people on this forum, but in this case, I'll make an exception.

Frankly, I think your a jerk. Some 12 year old boy sitting in front of his computer masturbating while he watches the flame-war he started with his equally immature friends on a Mac forum about how PCs are better in every way, and how Macs are slower, more expensive, and just plain suck.

You, and people like you are the reason there is so much anger, hatred, and/or dislike towards any OS that is not made by Micro$oft.

You blatantly say that Macs are horrible, when you haven't even given them a chance.

Then come crawling back to the people you just trashed talked pissing and moaning about how your 'state of the art' DuLL computer is dead after less than 48 hours of use.

You make me sick. :mad:

As for helping you, I suggest you do one of the following:
1) return your computer back to Dell, and try and get a new one.
2) return your computer back to Dell, and buy a Mac.
3) return your computer back to Dell, and never go near another piece of technology as long as you live.

Now it's time for me to go back to my happy place. :)

I'm a 26 year old woman! How could you say that! Just because I became frustrated with my mac and bought a PC , it seems that I am getting flamed left and right! Ok, so I made a BIG mistake in getting a Dell.
I know to choose more wisely next time. Thanks a lot. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.